SUMMER is one of the most amazing bloggers I know. She is always true to herself. You will agree with me once you check out her blog “Summer starts to shine”. We understand each other and we think so much alike that she is now my adoptive my younger sister. Thank you so much, dear Summer, for being the wonderful and amazing person that you are. I appreciate you. And thank you for making me part of the sunshine, for believing in me as deserving of this sunshine award.
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD AND GUIDELINES TO ACCEPTING IT?
- The Key word here is Sunshine. So which blogs spread a light on your life, in moments when it rains, it pours and it is windy and your umbrella turns into a crow and flies out of your hand?
- Answer 11 questions from who nominate you and answer what you feel comfortable answering.
- Nominate 11 Bloggers
Here are the 11 Questions from my dear Summer, with my answers:
If you could get away with a crime, Would you? If yes, what would it be?
Yes! To punish all those who commit crime against children and babies – like pulverize them and destroy them to such an extent that no one will ever even think of harming a child or baby.
In What Ways Do You Hold Yourself Back?
In being myself that doesn’t match who people think I am, e.g. a senior exec in the finance field.
How Do You Want To Be Remembered?
The funny, fun-loving, crazy, kind (loving?) and generous person who did all she could to help ease the pains and sufferings of others.
If You Could Travel Anywhere In The World, Where Would It Be?
Bora-Bora!!! It’s paradise. It’s heaven on earth. (I promise, I had written this before I went to YouTube hoping to find the perfect one to attach and decided against it but one post in 2011 called it exactly what I’m calling it – paradise and heaven on earth.)
What Book Has Influenced You Most?
I have these 2 most influential books topping my list:
- Sarah Ban Breathnach’s Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self
- Viktor Frankl’s Man’s Search for Meaning
But, these 2 also guide me:
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
- The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
What’s Your Greatest Achievement And How Has It Shaped You?
I guess having survived my divorce (literally) and “making it” in Johannesburg on my own when I moved here after the divorce, despite not having family and friends here is a great achievement. I could have run away. I could have gone back to my parents. I could have left the country. That stubborn streak of mine triumphed and I’m still here in Africa.
If You Could Speak Another Language, Which Would It Be And Why?
Spanish. I’m actually learning Spanish. I love it and it’s slightly easier for me to learn that any other language because the Spaniards colonized the Philippines for over 300 years and there is a small similarity between Filipino and Spanish. Plus, I have a Spanish maiden name so I might as well speak the language. Next time I am in Spain, I would like to speak the language fluently. And it will be good for us when we move to California. 🙂
Who’s Your Personal Hero/ Blogger (optional and why?)
What Are Your Three Favorite songs? Why?
- Superman, Five for Fighting – This is my life’s theme song… “It’s not easy to be me…” “Even heroes have a right to dream…” and I will actually blog about this.
- Price Tag and Masterpiece, by Jessie J (I know there are 2 but they’re both by Jessie J so I’m counting them as 1) – Both sound good and the lyrics are relevant. What’s not to like?
- Just about any Bon Jovi song. I’m a huge fan. I’ll be a groupie if I could. Lol! — Living on a Prayer, These Days, This Ain’t a Long Song, Always, Thank You for Loving Me… do I have to pick one only?
*Special mention also to “Hallelujah” by Jeff Buckley, or Leonard Cohen, although I love Bon Jovi’s rendition of it. Also, Robbie Williams’ “Advertising Space“.
If You Could Bring One Fictional Character To Life, Who Would It Be And Why?
Adam Webber from Blast from the Past, and I better be Eve. Adam was/is the perfect man! Or Joe Black from Meet Joe Black. This world needs men like these 2 (not the dead young man but the young man with death… wait, that’s weird! I might need to rethink this.)
Which 1900’S Era Would You Travel Back To? Why?
1990s – because that was when I started feeling a bit better about myself. I gained confidence. I wasn’t the embarrassing squirt who felt like an outsider.
Here are my nominations
It will be great if you’d participate. However, if your blog is award-free, no hassle and I’m really sorry if I missed that.
- Francis and Anna
- Ellie Meg
- Settle in El Paso
- Michelle Marie
- Who would play you in a movie and why?
- What would be the main song of the movie of your life?
- What is your favorite quote?
- If you had a choice, would you still do what you do now for a living? If now, what’s your dream job? If you’re still studying, are you doing so according to your dream job?
- What is that 1 thing you would like changed in your life, if any?
- What’s the best place (city/town) you’ve been to and what’s your favorite spot there? (your favorite holiday destination)
- If you were to give yourself your purpose, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite season (or holiday, whichever you’d like to answer, or answer both) and why?
- Do you believe in reincarnation, final judgement or neither?
- Money is ____________ (complete the sentence)
- What superpower would you choose if you could pick one?