One of my favorite ways to add flavor to rice is by either using a cooking liquid other than water (bouillon or broth is an easy alternative), or by stirring in some fresh herbs, dried fruit, peas, nuts, or other flavor and color boosters.
What can I add to boiled rice to make it tasty?
10 Hacks To Make Your Instant Rice Taste Amazing
- Add Herbs. Shutterstock. …
- Cook It In Broth. Instead of filling your pot with water, use vegetable or chicken broth for a rich-tasting bowl of rice.
- Add Cilantro And Lime. …
- Drizzle On Soy Sauce. …
- Sprinkle On Furikake. …
- Mix In Salsa. …
- Add Beans. …
- Put An Egg On It.
What is a good seasoning to add to rice?
If you want something a bit more unique, try cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, or a combination of the three. Together, earthy cumin, floral cardamom, and warm cinnamon can infuse your rice with traditional Indian character. To take things up a notch, Spiceography suggests frying the spices in oil first.
How do you season boiled rice?
In a heavy-bottomed pot, combine 2 cups of rice, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, and ¾ tsp salt. Add four cups of water to the pot. Cover the pot with a lid, then place it over high heat.
How do you spice up rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.
What to add to rice while cooking?
8 Simple Ways to Spice up Your Rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice.
- 2 tsp soy sauce.
- 2 tsp rice vinegar.
- 1 tsp chili oil.
- A squeeze of lemon juice.
- ½ cup shredded carrots.
- ¼ cup sliced scallions.
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds.
What to add to brown rice to make it taste good?
How to Season Brown Rice:
- Add in Garlic salt (This is our all time favorite!) …
- Add in a bouillon cube or granules when you cook the rice for extra flavor.
- Mix in some salsa and some cumin for a tex-mex taste.
- Add an egg and fry it for a healthier fried rice.
Do you season rice before or after cooking?
most of the time you should do it before. It will allow the flavors to absorb during the cooking process. Before. But even before that, put your rice in the pot dry and toast it for a couple of minutes to bring out the nutty flavor.
How do you flavor already cooked white rice?
Combine your pre-cooked rice with some fresh parsley or other herbs, and boil in some water with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra tangy dolmas, drizzle them with a bit of fresh lemon juice, just before serving.