With so much fat, bacon is just begging for a grease fire. … This does mean putting bacon directly on the grill, across the bars of the grate. Oil the grates, just as you would for any other meat. Do not put the bacon right over the fire, but just close enough so that it will cook.
How do you cook bacon on a Weber gas grill?
- Grill at medium direct heat, 400-425 degrees, for 3-4 minutes per side directly on the grate.
- Remove when crisp.
- Add to a bloody mary, burger, or simply enjoy plain.
What temperature do you cook bacon on a gas grill?
How to Make Bacon on the Grill
- Step 1: Heat things up. Preheat your grill to 400°F. …
- Step 2: Place the strips down. Lay the bacon out on the skillet, close the grill and let it cook for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Step 3: Flip! Open the grill and use tongs to turn the bacon over.
- Step 4: Enjoy.
How long does bacon go in the grill for?
Heat the grill to its highest setting. Line a baking sheet with foil and add the bacon. Grill for 2-4 mins on each side, depending on how crispy you like it.
Do you need to cook bacon grill?
Why should you cook bacon on the grill? It tastes better. The smoke from the grill adds depth to the smoky flavor of the bacon. It also cooks more quickly and evenly on the grill, which is a great way to avoid the half-crispy, half-soft version that comes from a frying pan.
Is grilling bacon better than frying?
A healthier cooking alternative to frying is grilling. Grilled meats have a reduced fat content. … It results in healthier meals and makes it easier to manage a low fat diet. Grilled foods also have lower calorie content than fried foods.
What is the best way to cook back bacon?
How to cook Traditional Back Bacon
- Remove your traditional back bacon from packaging and pat away any excess moisture.
- Pre heat your griddle or heavy based frying pan until it sizzles when you add a drop of oil.
- No need to season this meat as the cure will of done this for us.
How long do you cook bacon on each side?
- Heat a cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat. When hot, add bacon strips in a single layer. …
- Flip bacon, using tongs, and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Drain and reserve fat for another use, and repeat with remaining bacon. Drain bacon on paper towels.
How can you cook bacon?
To cook: Bacon can be fried, dry fried or grilled. To fry, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan until hot, add the bacon and cook streaky or back rashers for 1–2 minutes on each side and steaks for 3–4 minutes on each side. Dry frying is a healthier method of frying where only the melted fat from the meat is used.
How do you grill without burning it?
Get that smoky flavour, without burning your burgers or incinerating your steaks, with these top barbecue tips and techniques.
- Start at room temperature. …
- Manage the heat. …
- Use skewers. …
- Cook cleverly. …
- Make use of the oven. …
- Ditch the drip. …
- Reach for the foil. …
- Break up bigger pieces.
How long should I cook bacon in the oven?
Arrange the bacon in a single layer on the baking rack. Bake until you reach your desired level of crispness. This could be as early as 12 minutes if you are using thinner bacon and like it less crisp or 20 minutes or more if you using a thicker cut and like your bacon really crispy.