How long do burgers take on a propane grill?
IF USING A GRILL: Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with the oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side, about 3 minutes for beef and 5 minutes for turkey. Flip over the burgers.
How do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
Grill the burgers:
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat. …
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees. …
- While the grill heats, form (4) 1/4 pound burger patties into an even 1/2″ thickness. …
- Close the lid and cook until the burgers reach the desired doneness.
How long should you cook a burger on each side on a grill?
When you prefer your burger to be done medium-well, cook the patty on one side for three minutes and the other for six minutes. And for those who prefer a well-done burger, cook the patty on one side for three minutes, flip and cook for an additional seven minutes.
How long does it take to grill burgers on a grill?
In general, follow these total grilling times:
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
What temperature do you grill burgers on a propane grill?
It should read a temperature of 160 degrees. This will ensure well-done patties. Also, keep in mind that the meat will continue to cook for a while once it is removed from heat. Burgers should be cooked on gas grills at high temperature (400 degrees) or medium-high temperature (375 degrees).
How do you grill hamburgers on a gas grill?
- Divide ground beef into 4 (½-pound) or 6 (1/3-pound) portions. …
- Heat the grill to high (gas or charcoal); 375-400 degrees F. …
- Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 for medium-rare or 6-7 for medium doneness as measured with an Instant Read thermometer. …
- Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes.
How long do you cook a hot dog on the grill?
Hot dogs are done grilling in a matter of minutes. It generally takes no longer than 10 minutes for a hot dog to heat through, and may take less than five. The leaner your hot dogs, the less grill time they require. Most standard-sized beef franks need between four and eight minutes on the grill.
How do you tell if a burger is done?
We suggest putting the thermometer into the side of the burger—that way it’s less likely to go all the way through the meat, and give you a false reading. At 120°F, the burger is rare. At 130°F, it’s medium-rare. 140°F is medium, 150°F is medium-well, and over 160°F is well done.
How do you grill a medium-rare burger?
Medium-rare: Cook patty on one side for three minutes. Turn it over and cook for an additional four minutes. Medium: Cook patty on one side for three minutes. Turn it over and cook for an additional five minutes.